Frequently asked questions
Is it easy or hard to learn?
- Both feet are on the same board next to each other. Any imbalance will almost always lead to a fall
- Side-to-side movement
- Turns aren’t possible unless you’re committed to going downhill
- You are likely to fall a lot
Who’s it best for?
- For adults or children that know how to bike
- For athletes in search of thrills
- For surfers, skateboarders, windsurfers, kite-surfers etc…
What equipment is required?
- Snowboard boots, snowboard, bindings
- A helmet
- Winter-sport clothing (gloves, hat, goggles, sunscreen…)
How to get off on the right foot?
- Choose which foot will be in front
- Get a board that goes up to the height of your chest
- Make sure you fit snuggly into your gear and that nothing is loose
- Snowboard during the day when the snow is soft
- Sign up for at least one 2hr private lesson to get the hang of things
The minimum age for ESF lessons: 8 Private lessons are for children under 11